Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

August 31, 2014


Our zone at mission tour with Elder Bowen of the 70 and our mission president and wife


Yep, I'm training!

I'm soooooOOoOooo excited. :) Well, that's all I have to say about that. I'll find out next week who I'm training.

It's officially Christmas in the Philippines... I'm not very excited about that. Makes it seem like it's later in the year than it really is. I guess the "-ber" months mean Christmas to them.
So I actually don't have a lot to say about this week. The work was way slow because we have to keep going back to Manila to take care of things in preparation for Sister Mabini going home *next week*. Freak, I'm getting trunky having a pa-uwi companion.

We have another baptism thanks to the mission president! President and Sister Bertin visited our ward in Malolos. It was perfect timing because we have a baptismal candidate who was supposed to be baptized this weekend but at the last minute was denied permission because she lives in the other sisters' boundary. She has gone to hell and back, facing 7 months of tribulation trying to get to this point. She has been attending seminary, institute, young women's, almost finished with Personal Progress, she's basically a member of the ward already. After a lot of explaining from the ward, us missionaries and Danielle herself, President Bertin mercifully over-rode the boundary issue because she has a secondary address for college here in Malolos. We were so excited. DANIELLE IS FINALLY BEING BAPTIZED!
I also learned an important lesson this week about not being selective about who you teach. The Lord puts us where we are at the time we are there for a reason. We went to teach an investigator who wasn't home so instead we ran into the older woman next door who is a member. I was hot and tired and thought it would be a waste of time to teach someone who probably was too old to comprehend everything anyway but Sister Mabini insisted we teach her a short lesson. So we talked about enduring to the end and she broke down. She explained all the family problems she's been having and how grateful she was that we remembered her and brought the spirit into her home again. I was pretty baffled at the result of this lesson and it was a great testimony to me.
Love,

Sister Wilson
PS The attached photo is of our zone at mission tour with Elder Bowen of the 70 and our mission president and wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment