Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

September 9, 2014




Ang bilis! Bagong transfer ulit.
So Sister Mabini finished her mission this morning. The whole district was over at our house to send her off. It was so hard. We all sang God Be With You Til We Meet Again as she climbed into the AP's car. I'm going to miss her so much. Right now I'm in a tri-some with the other two sisters I live with until I go pick up my trainee tomorrow morning, fresh from the MTC. In preparation for Sister Mabini's departure, we had to go to Manila and spend the night in the mission home again (no complaints here!) so that she could attend a departure meeting the next morning. We were stuck on a bus in deadlock traffic for 5 hours when the mission home is only 1 hour away... that was pretty miserable. But the next day while she was in her meeting, I got to go on exchanges with the sisters in the area around the mission office. And guess who that is? My dearest trainer, Mama Surio! I got to teach with her again, it was like we had never even left each other. It was so much fun catching up. She's excited to have a grand daughter!
Saturday was Danielle's baptism after a long, long road. It was so satisfying. She brought her mother to her baptism who, at first, was very opposed to it but softened her heart. When Danielle bore her testimony, it brought her mom to tears. I hope it stirred something in her and that we'll be able to teach her whole family. The next day at church, our two recent converts and the elder's two recent converts bore their testimonies. Every single one was powerful and pure. It was the most spiritual sacrament meeting I've been to in the mission and it was an amazing reminder of my purpose here. It's so satisfying and rewarding to see results of our work.
This morning we got to go to Barasoain church, the oldest church in the Philippines where the country was established as a republic. There's a lot more than just the church there - there's a museum inside. The director of the museum is a member of our church so not only did we get in free, we got a personal guide explaining all the history to us as well. I didn't like the negative light that it shed on Americans, focusing on the Imperialists and the Malangiga Massacre during the Philippine-American War... kinda gruesome. Nonetheless it was probably my favorite p-day ever!
Thank you for the continued prayers. I know I wouldn't be 7 months into a mission without them. I love you all and I miss getting letters... hint hint. :) That will do.
Sister Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment