Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2014

October 5, 2014

Masayang Monday!

My faith in humanity was restored on the way here. I saw a college student on a motorcycle that we drove past on the jeepney drop his wallet and thousands of pesos fell out. He didn't notice and nearly drove away when everone on our jeep started shouting, "WALLET! WALLET!" And he scrambled to pick it all up. About 5 minutes later he managed to chase down the jeep to thank all of us. These are good people. :)

The work this week has improved a lot. The YSA we baptized last week, Jhanice, has two twin cousins that came to us saying they want to be taught and baptized. When I wasked them what gave them the desire, they said that they could see how Jhanice has changed since we started teaching her and they want to be as happy as she is. I about cried.
 
We visited one of our investigators with a bap date and were super disappointed to find him there with a hangover headache having been wasted the night before... this is the third time we have found him in this condition after having taught the WOW. He resisted letting us in to teach him so I had to go a little out of my comfort zone and be bold. I can't believe in retrospect that I actually said this, but I said, "Brother Pomposo, do you want to keep feeling liek this? Is this the life you want to live? Is this the life you want your family to have? Why did you accept the invitation to be baptized? You said you wanted to improve your family life through living the way Christ would have you live and that's what we're here to help you with." A little speechless he let us right in and we taught a powerful lesson on the atonement. The spirit was so strong. We recommitted him to live the WOW for his family's sake so we're hoping to see some good progress.

Sister Gison and I have gained a testimony of fasting this week. We opened up our fast really seeking progress from our investigators but instead had a bunch of new people dropped in our laps and the old one texted us not to come back. It was like Heavenly Father was saying, "Here, take these people. You don't want those ones, they're not ready yet." It was like our heads were being pulled the opposite direction. We went to visit an investigator who was not home so we went to the less active sister next door. About 60 seconds later a lady shows up at the doorstep with a BOM in hand. She asked, "Are you Mormons? I was given this book a long time ago but I have no idea what it is. I always see you two and I was wondering if you could tell me about it." Immediately we sat down and taught her the restoration. We answered every question she had in the BOM and she was amazed. After we came out of that lesson a jeepney driver asked us the same question, "Are you Mormons?" which opened up a 15 minute discussion righ tthere on the jeep! Miraculously we wer ethe only passengers (which NEVER happens) and by the end he asked, "So what are the restrictions on coming to church? What do I wear?" I cannot even describe the feelings of excitement. The next day at church was an even bigger miracle - Carlota, our recent convert, has an autistic son who has panic attacks in public so she's never been able to bring her husband or son to church. Well that morning she brought both and as a tender mercy, her son was able to sit through sacrament meeting. They're going to expose him little by little to the world so that her husband can attend church and be baptized. I am absolutely thrilled. Everyone was at church! Fasting really does work as long as we have the faith to match the desire! 

I love you all!

PS -- NO, we have not seen conference yet. We will always have a week of delay. We will see it next week so no spoilers please!

Sister Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment