Pages

Sunday, August 3, 2014

06/29/2014

Goooood morning, America!
Happy Independence Day this week. We Americans will be celebrating with American pizza and ice cream here. 'MERICA.

It's been a pretty good week as far as the work goes! We have a good handful of new investigators and two of them speak perfect English. I love teaching them. ;) We've been doing a lot of finding because hardly any of our investigators have been progressing. Sister Kalama is really great at OYMing. We're also working a lot on our stubborn less-actives. The other night we were in a lesson with one of them and decided to go over the first lesson with her. At the end, I asked her if she knew any of her neighbors who could benefit from our message. She said there was and she had wanted to talk to them but didn't know what to say about the Book of Mormon. She teaches at a private school and people ask her a lot of questions about our church. Then the light just flipped on in my mind. So we did a practice teaching where she taught us about the Book of Mormon. We gave her a BOM to give away, told her to write her testimony in it and to report back to us. She came to church that Sunday for the first time in months, saying she gave it to someone whose father had just died. It was the best feeling in the world. Missionary work really stirs up your testimony.
Our most progressing investigators, Nadel and Joyce, are on date for the 26th and I REALLY hope they can keep all the commandments until then because I might get transferred and I really want to see someone of my own finding be baptized. They're so ready. My only concern is from last week... when Nadel asked a question that only endowed temple members know about. Sister Kalama and I looked at each other and asked how she knew about it and she brings out her laptop and pulls up videos of the  temple ceremonies she had been watching. We were speechless for an awkwardly long time. But it ended up turning into a cool experience to share about the sacredness of the temple. Disaster averted... I would imagine missionaries in America get that a lot. So glad wifi is only for rich people here!
In other news, my old companion Sister Surio almost got kidnapped by a tricycle driver. They told him to stop driving because he was taking them down sketchy dark roads into a dangerous area and he wouldn't stop so they jumped out and he ran over the other companion's foot. President Sperry spent his last night in the country trying to get them released from the hospital. It just so happens that the new president is an orthopedic surgeon, haha! We won't meet him until the 16th but luckily he said it's just a sprain.
Aside from that I don't really have any news. I'm doing great and I hope people will write more. I love hearing about what's going on in everyone's lives. Please don't hesitate to write me! Nothing you could say will bore me, promise. :) I love you all very much and I know without a doubt this church is true. Ingat talaga! Mahal ko kayo.

No comments:

Post a Comment